Would you like to experience the benefits of this powerful superfood, but you're having a little trouble taking it daily because of its unfamiliar taste?
Read this post to discover:
- How this vibrant green superfood can really transform the way you feel.
- Why it’s important to have your Spirulina pure.
- Our top ways to easily have Spirulina daily and actually love it!
What's with the taste?
This superfood is incredible for you, but because Spirulina is a type of microalgae its taste might be quite unusual at first (you do get used to it quickly though).
It is absolutely worth having as you’ll quickly (some say straight after) feel revitalized and full of natural energy – without any side effects. The benefits of having Spirulina in the long run are even more amazing!
Read on to discover what they are...
If you've had Spirulina before, you'll be surprised when you try ours!
According to thousands of our regular Bursters from over 136 countries around the globe, our Spirulina tastes (and smells!) so much better than the commercial varieties they had tried before.
We’ve spent years sampling various Spirulina from farms around the world until we found the perfect small organic farm – that put so much love and care into growing their Spirulina. We were amazed by how the effects and taste were different!
If you haven’t tried Organic Burst Spirulina yet – it tastes more like dense green veggies (imagine a powdered mix of baby kale, broccoli and spinach!). It has none of that nasty fishy smell (that has made many a health lover feel a little bit nauseous).
Thanks to the unique way our Spirulina is grown:
- In pure mineral water (as opposed to sea water or surface water).
- Using only organic plant-based organic feed made on our farm (and none of the usual chemicals used in spirulina production).
- The location also matters – our small organic farm is located in lusciously green Southern Taiwan, surrounded by rainforests, home to indigenous tribes (and no industries or pollution).
- It’s also tested and confirmed 100% free of toxins - that may be lurking in many commercial Spirulina (no radiation, BMAA, no heavy metal contamination, no algal toxins and no bacterial contamination).
We understand you may still struggle with the taste at first. Luckily, there are several ways to transform your Spirulina intake into a fun & delicious experience!
Read on to discover our top 10 easy ways to enjoy your Spirulina...
Pure Spirulina vs a superfood mix
The unusual Spirulina taste doesn’t mean you should give up the idea of benefitting your body by having it daily in its purest form (100% Spirulina powder or tablets) - and instead going for superfood smoothie mixes and protein powders that contain some Spirulina in them.
...Because when having Spirulina as a part of a mix you might not be getting the benefits and nutrients you’re after (whilst paying a high price). But you might be getting a cocktail of sweeteners and cheaper ingredients (used to bulk out and save money on the pure and expensive superfoods, such as Spirulina).
The truth is... because Spirulina is one of the most expensive superfoods there are - many such mixes usually have very little Spirulina in them (bulked out by added cheaper ingredients).
And here’s some of our insider knowledge - because very few health food companies in the world engage in direct trade (most buy from mass resellers without actually knowing their farms) - the Spirulina is likely to come from a large commercial farm, looking to maximize its yield and minimize its costs (meaning you may be ingesting chemical fertilizers and other questionable inputs).
So, by having our Spirulina pure – you’re going to be:
- Feeling much better as you’re getting more benefits of Spirulina.
- Avoiding any potential nasties.
- Saving money.
- Having fun creating yummy recipes.
What are the health benefits?
Spirulina is a very powerful little alga with so many health benefits (as confirmed by the scientific studies done around the world).
It’s recommended by the World Health Organization and called the “best food of the future”.
It even has a whole Intergovernmental Organization dedicated to it - Intergovernmental Institution for the Use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM) - which advocates the use of Spirulina for saving malnourished children in less fortunate countries.
Here are just some of the benefits of having your daily Spirulina:
- Weight loss, reduction of BMI – according to 2016 study consisting of 40 patients with hypertension (who took 2 grams of spirulina for 3 months) - Spirulina significantly reduced BMI (Body Mass Index), blood pressure and promoted weight loss.
- Quickly curbs cravings (and eliminates them in the long run) – have 1 teaspoon of Spirulina between meals or when the craving is likely to hit you. So many of our Bursters report their cravings reduce and go away altogether after regularly having our Spirulina.
- Get more done by staying sharp, focused and energized! If you’re feeling zapped, exhausted and spaced out – Spirulina is your superfood. It contains natural iron (that unlike other forms of iron does not cause constipation). And it supports your brain function and energy metabolism.
- Find your zen and support your nervous system – if you’re feeling wired or having a tough time at work or school, our Spirulina can help you find your zen. And hold on to it! It's thiamine supports your nervous system and a balanced psychological state.
- Highly absorbable plant source of protein - our Spirulina contains a whopping 70% complete protein - unlike many plants it actually contains ALL essential amino acids (that your body cannot produce and needs to obtain from food). Spirulina also has a higher Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) – its protein is 4x more absorbable than protein that comes from beef.
Now let’s get into our favourite ways of having it!
Top 10 easy spirulina recipes
Curb cravings, feel light & energized with this fresh and creamy Spirulina smoothie.
This is a similar recipe to the one above but upgraded with sparkling water and a little bit of healthy sweetness.
Flood your body with important nutrients while enjoying this delicious and balanced green smoothie bowl.
4. Spirulina Almond Latte
Our favorite pre yoga drink: mix 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of almond milk and add a sweetener of your choice (we like stevia or rice malt syrup). It will satiate you and revitalize without feeling heavy.
This supergreen cream is great swirled over smoothie bowls, dolloped on top of fruit or as a luxurious accompaniment to desserts.
Be on the go with these energizing snacks. You won’t have to worry about snacking on something else because they will fill you up, keeping you satiated until your next meal.
Enjoy these heavenly superfood truffles after a long stressful day - they’re amazing to help you find your zen, de-stress and recharge.
This is a scrumptious superfood snack or side dish that's helps you feel satisfied and energised!
An unexpected way to add in your green! Supercharge your pesto and get more protein, iron and B vitamins with your Spirulina.
Did you know that you can add Spirulina to your omelette? Make this mega energising omelette recipe with broccoli, garlic, onions and our spirulina goodness.