Spirulina is not only for your smoothies! Make this mega energising brekkie by supercharging your frittata with beta-carotene, chlorophyll, iron and Vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12 from Organic Burst Spirulina. It also benefits from good fats in coconut oil and organic eggs. The garlic and onion here not only make it taste delicious but also help your immune system.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- 8 organic cafe-free eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Spirulina
- Optional: 1 cup choice of cheese, grated (cheddar, feta, parmesan all work well or use 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast for a vegan option)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit).
- Add 1 tablespoon butter/coconut oil to an oven-proof frying pan/skillet and lightly brown the garlic and red onion until soft and translucent.
- Add in the broccoli and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in 2 tablespoons water, season with salt and pepper and cook over a moderate heat until the water is absorbed by the broccoli. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the Organic Burst Spirulina and grated cheese. Add the cooled broccoli from the frying pan.
- Put the frying pan back over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon butter/coconut oil.
- Pour the egg and broccoli mixture into the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake until set for around 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or store in the fridge for 2 days.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter