Grate your way to some seriously tasty fritters for a zingy lunch or light supper! These contain Organic Burst Baobab for extra flavour and Vitamin C, to support your immune system.
Sassy, over to you:
The word ‘fritter’ immediately conjures up deep-fried patties, swimming in grease, with an overwhelmingly oily taste. These are quite the reverse: light and deliciously healthy, yet hugely nourishing and totally satisfying. They’re honestly so easy to make, too, and really eye-catching – if I do say so myself! The grated carrot, coriander and sweetcorn go incredibly well with the subtle flavour of the chickpea flour.
Ingredients (makes 6 fritters):
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 50g (1⁄3 cup) tinned sweetcorn (optional)
- 80g (1 cup) chickpea flour (gram or besan flour)
- 1tbsp Organic Burst Baobab
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing them together with a wooden spoon and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Form the mixture into six fritters, each 8–9cm across.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cooking 2–3 fritters at a time, fry for roughly 3 minutes on each side; they should be turning golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with a generous dollop of hummus!
Switch It Up
When I don’t have carrots to hand, I love using grated beetroot or sweet potato instead. Either tastes super-delicious in these fritters, each with their own unique flavour. You can also substitute the chickpea flour for brown rice flour.
"Spiced Carrot and Coriander Fritters With Baobab by @NaturallySassy_ Perfect for a zingy lunch!"
To find out more about Naturally Sassy, or get hold of her new recipe book, check out her website!
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
If you've tried making your own fritters, why not share your pics with us below?!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter