Nadia, over to you:
Who wouldn’t like to have dessert for breakfast? This Breakfast Banana Cream Pie is the perfect breakfast for summer. It feels like you’re having a naughty treat but without any of the guilt. It’s dairy-free, refined sugar-free and can be easily made gluten-free by using buckwheat flour.
What I love about this recipe is that you prepare it the night before so in the morning, you know there is a delicious and nutritious breakfast waiting for you in the freezer! To make it even better, I’ve added Organic Burst Maca powder which will give you an extra boost of energy to carry you through a busy morning.
It’s really easy to change around, you can make so many different variations by adding things like cacao powder, nut butters, other superfood powders etc. The possibilities are endless!
Ingredients (serves 1):
For the base:
- 1/3 cup oat flour (oats blended into a fine flour in a blender/food processor)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- a drizzle of maple syrup (or rice malt syrup for a fructose-free version)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder
- 1/4 cup thick yogurt
- A drizzle of maple syrup or rice malt syrup (to taste)
First make the base:
- In a small bowl, mix together the oat flour and coconut oil. Add a small drizzle of maple syrup, just enough for the mixture to stick together.
- Line a mini cake tin (I used a 4.5 inch springform tin) with foil then firmly press down the oat mixture.
- Place in the freezer while you make the filling (10-15 minutes).
- Using a blender/hand blender/food processor, blend all the filling ingredients together.
- Take the base out of the freezer and spread with the filling.
- Place back in the freezer to firm up.
- Allow some time to thaw before serving (take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving)
- Top with slices banana, nuts, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, more yogurt or anything else you like!