The easily absorbable, non-acidic, natural Vitamin C in Organic Burst Baobab supports the immune system and promotes alertness and energy. This recipe is by an incredibly inspirational blogger Elena, from Canada, who changed her life through food, a natural lifestyle, and her powerful shift in outlook.
Elena was diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder, an autoimmune disorder that meant she was inflamed, in pain, unable to move around. After a magical moment, when she found the determination to make changes, focussing on healing, nourishing wholesome foods to help support her immune system.
By detoxing her home environment, removing any chemicals and toxins from her bathroom cabinet and cleaning cupboard, plus reading, learning from teachers, praying, meditating and breathing, Elena told us that she changed as a person!
Elena, over to you:
I’m a huge fan of Organic Burst Baobab, in fact it is one of the superfoods that I include daily in my ritual. I’ve tried various brands and this is one I keep restocking! For someone like me who’s immune system is jeopardized and weak, this is one of the superfoods that helps support it all year round because it contains natural Vitamin C. I love to add 1 tablespoon to pure alkaline water, smoothies or raw desserts.
I’ve been making this recipe for over two years now and my friends, family and myself included love the citrus punch of flavour in each bite - the perfect afternoon treat.
- 4 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Baobab powder
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1½ cups soaked almonds (overnight)
- juice of 1½ lemon
- zest of 1-2 lemons
- dash of raw vanilla bean powder (you can add cinnamon if you like as well)
- dash of pink salt
- 1 cup extra shredded coconut for rolling truffles
- Soak raw almonds over night for 8-12 hours.
- Peel skin off almonds. This can be a time consuming job (warning you!) - approx. 30mins.
- Add almonds, Organic Burst Baobab, coconut oil, shredded coconut, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, salt to a food processor.
- Blend ingredients on high until all ingredients are mixed well together and they form a paste.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl. In a separate bowl, add the extra shredded coconut.
- Roll each truffle in the palm of your hand and roll it into the coconut.
- Place truffles once they are all done in freezer for at least 2 hours and enjoy.
- They last up to 14 days in the freezer.