Who said you can’t have cookies if you’re on a health journey? …You’ll fall in love with these superfood cookies (and so will your guests too!) that won’t cause you to bloat!
They’re totally gluten-free and bursting with Vitamin C from Organic Burst Baobab and butternut squash.
The protein from quinoa will keep you energized and help balance sugar. The beautiful fats in coconut flour and coconut oil are so nourishing (that you won’t eat too many at once!) and will make sure the beta-carotene from butternut squash is absorbed well.
The perfect synergy for a delicious healthy treat!
- 1½ cup butternut squash, roasted or steamed
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tablespoons Organic Burst Baobab
- ½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea/Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the butternut squash with the coconut flour and ¼ cup almond milk.
- Stir in quinoa flakes, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and Organic Bust Baobab.
- Lightly whisk the egg with the rice malt syrup and add to the other ingredients + stir to combine.
- Scoop the dough out in tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined baking tray and form into cookie shapes.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden, rotating the tray if needed halfway through.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.