We’re in love with this immune-supporting (and nourishing) soup here at OB (especially if you’re having sniffles this soup is amazing).
Did you know that butternut squash is lower in sugar than other starchy veggies and is high in Vitamin B6 (needed to support the nervous system in times of stress)? And our Baobab also contains magnesium (for de-stressing), potassium and Vitamin C for a healthy immune system.
Plus ginger, goji and shiitake mushrooms give it extra powers to keep you sneeze-free!
- ½ butternut squash, peeled
- ½ - 1 cup vegetable stock (or water)
- 4 large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 green chilli pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 small red onions, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2-inch ginger piece, peeled and minced
- A handful goji berries
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Baobab
- Cold pressed sesame oil to garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cube the butternut squash.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil. Sauté ginger, onions, garlic, and chilli peppers until onions are soft.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and shiitake. Stir. Then add in goji berries.
- Pour in ½ cup vegetable stock. Bring to boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a heat-proof blender. Blend until smooth. If soup is too thick, add more stock until desired consistency.
- Add in baobab powder. Blend.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve extra goji berries, chills and a few drops of sesame oil.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter