If you’re new to Wheatgrass or haven’t tried our Wheatgrass before - it’s super easy to start and you will love how it makes you feel!
Or if you’re after some easy and yummy ways on incorporating our Wheatgrass into your diet - we trust you’ll find some recipes here that you’ll be enjoying over and over again!
According to our own experience and the feedback from the Burster community, the effects of our Wheatgrass can be felt much quicker than expected - in terms of curbing cravings and preventing overeating, feeling the gentle natural “buzz” and alertness to experiencing more visible weight loss results (within the next several weeks to longer term).
How Can Wheatgrass Help You?
- Reducing Cravings
- Weight Loss
- Promoting regularity
- Clearing the skin
- Supporting your immune system
- Alkalising the body after too much coffee, alcohol and eating out.
- High in Fibre
- High in Chlorophyll
How Does Organic Burst Wheatgrass Taste?
Our wheatgrass tastes really lovely, like mild and slightly sweet green tea. So many of our Bursters continuously get surprised when they taste it as it’s not bitter in any way.
Had a bad experience with store-bought wheatgrass or juice shots?
Then you need to taste the authentic, pure and highest quality Wheatgrass, like ours.
Unlike most Wheatgrass powders that come from China (where certain areas have environmental concerns and mass production) our Wheatgrass is grown in the pristine New Zealand countryside. In this serene corner of the South Island there is no pollution, no industry…only the cleanest water, the purest air and green fields.
Our beautiful organic farm uses amazing cultivation techniques - such as enhancing the soil microbiology with beneficial bacteria. Between harvests our farmers grow powerful nutrient-dense herbs here that boost the nutrients in our wheatgrass.
As a result you receive a supreme quality wheatgrass, higher in chlorophyll and other nutrients.
Unlike the Wheatgrass juice that may be too overpowering and hard on the liver and the gut, our Wheatgrass does not have the same reported negative effect. We use up the whole of the young leaf and preserve all the precious fibres. This is why our Wheatgrass powder helps to keep you fuller for longer and adds vital fibre when you stir it into your juices.
Is It Gluten-Free?
Yes! Our Wheatgrass is the powdered young leaf of an organic wheat plant, picked before it develops into a grain (and thus before it gets a chance to develop gluten). Nonetheless if you’re allergic to wheat it’s best to go for another Burst, such as our Matcha or Spirulina (that also help with weight loss).
Is It Expensive?
Not at all! A pouch of our Wheatgrass (with 30 servings = 1 month supply) is just £8.99 (around $11 USD).
…That comes to just 37p (46c) per day - almost 4 times cheaper than 1 cup of coffee in a high street coffee shop!
But can you really put a price on all the amazing benefits you get from the purest, highest quality, sustainably sourced New Zealand Wheatgrass? As well as supporting the planet with the amazing natural cultivation techniques our New Zealand farmers use to enrich the soil, promote clean air, restore the biodiversity and promote organic agriculture?
Here are 7 winning ways to take your Wheatgrass >>
1. IN A GLASS OF WATER
Simply mix 1 tsp of Organic Burst Wheatgrass in a glass of water (you can add a squeeze of lemon too). It’s always best to use still mineral water or filtered water, if you can.
As mentioned above, due to the purity and quality of our Wheatgrass the taste is mildly green and almost sweet - no bitterness or fishiness! See how it makes you feel!
Tip: Using the Aerolatte is a really speedy way to mix your Wheatgrass in liquids (and all Bursts!) - you can get yours on our website here, it’s totally our favourite kitchen gadget!
When to have? Enjoy this at any time of day, but here are some useful tips:
- first thing in the morning to start up your engine :), cleanse, feel revitalised and help regularity (in which case follow with another glass of pure water).
- 30 min - 1 hour before meals to help prevent overeating
- between meals to curb snack attacks
- whenever you need to feel uplifted
2. WHEATGRASS LATTE
This deliciously creamy and mega-quick 2 or 3-ingredient recipe is definitely the winner amongst our Bursters!
- 1 cup milk (we love cashew, coconut or almond)
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Wheatgrass powder
- A few drops of pure stevia or a sweetener of your choice (optional)
Mix milk, stevia and Organic Burst Wheatgrass powder. You can use a spoon but we recommend whisking it with an Aerolatte, and enjoy!
Tip: if using a spoon to mix then try this: first pour a little bit of milk into your glass, then add 1 tsp Wheatgrass and use the spoon to make the paste, after which pour the rest of the milk and stir.
When to have: any time of the day (same as above), but especially as a coffee or soda replacement mid-morning or afternoon.
3. IN A SMOOTHIE
Our Wheatgrass goes so well in green smoothies, but feel free to experiment and share your creations with us on social media by tagging us and using #organicburst!
Here is an example smoothie that we love!
Wheatgrass Mint Choco Chip Smoothie
- 1½ cups non-dairy milk (we love almond, coconut or cashew)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Wheatgrass powder
- ½ avocado
- 2 handfuls mint
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- Coconut whipped cream (for serving - optional)
- Blend everything (except cacao nibs) in a blender.
- Add cacao nibs, and pulse a few times. Transfer smoothie into a glass.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, and sprinkle more cacao nibs.
When to have:
- an energising snack to help prevent you reaching for sugary treats
- ideal for making the night before for a quick brekkie the next day
- light early dinner
4. SUPERCHARGE YOUR GREEN JUICE
Our Wheatgrass goes so well with your favourite green juices! It’s rich in fiber that is a valuable addition to your juice (where the fibres have been removed from the fruit and veggies). Adding fiber to the juice helps slow down the sugars in the juice hitting your liver and digestive tract too quickly.
If you’re getting takeout green juice from a bar - simply mix 1 tsp of Wheatgrass into it.
Alternatively, make your own! Here is an example recipe:
- 1 handful organic spinach⠀
- 1 organic cucumber
- a squeeze of lemon or lime
- 1/2 organic apple, cored and chopped⠀
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Wheatgrass
- 1/4-1/2 cup mineral or filtered water (if need be)
Add spinach, cucumber and apple into your juicer, then stir the lemon juice, our Wheatgrass and water (if need be) into the juice.
When to have:
- At least 1 hour after meals (as green juice is alkalising so you don’t want it to interfere with your digestion)
- Between meals, especially in the afternoon to feel the amazing natural buzz.
Tip: go for fresh juices as opposed to bottled - because juice is best consumed within half an hour of juicing.
5. IN A SALAD DRESSING
Give your salad or grilled/sauteed veggies extra super-powers by mixing some of our mega-green Wheatgrass in the dressing.
The simplest way is to mix it with some olive oil, but here is one recipe we love:
Wheatgrass Lime Cilantro Dressing
You will need:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (coriander), stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Wheatgrass
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
6. IN A DELICIOUS HOME-MADE SUPERFOOD ICE CREAM
You can make your own creamy superfood ice-cream and enjoy the benefits of Wheatgrass! It goes so well with avocado, coconut cream and nut butters.
Here is a recipe that so many of our Bursters love:
Wheatgrass Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
When to have: anytime you feel like a treat!
7. ADDED TO YOUR PORRIDGE
Green porridge? How cool is that?! Start your day off right with this quick & delicious superfood brekkie.
Here is a recipe we love! It’s totally free from grains & sugars so won't irritate your digestive tract. The Healthy fats from the nuts and seeds, as well as the fiber in our Wheatgrass help you feel fuller for longer and enjoy the stable natural energy.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst Wheatgrass powder
- 3 tablespoons almond meal (or almond flour)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons shredded (desiccated) coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (we use golden)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low-medium heat while stirring. After a few minutes, the porridge will thicken.
- Pour the porridge out after you like the texture and serve with desired toppings.
Tip: you can even mix it up the night before and enjoy cold with fresh berries the next day for a quick & easy brekkie.
We hope you’re now inspired to try these easy ways to take your Wheatgrass daily! It’s so much fun!
But most importantly - you make the rules. As long as you have it daily you’ll benefit from its benefits and it’s totally up to you how you take it.
Want some more delicious Wheatgrass recipes? Check them out here >