Keep your energy levels steady with gorgeous white chocolate treats! Yes you can have the delights of white chocolate with this healthy version, enriched with Organic Burst Spirulina that reduces sugar cravings made by the lovely sisters at Panacea's Pantry.
Jade and Kath, over to you:
Here at panaceas_pantry HQ (aka the kitchen, of course) we love to set our selves a good challenge. Thus far on our vegan journey we've come across a pretty great replacement for most things, but until now white chocolate hasn't made the list... So with a challenge in mind we got busy working on our version of a white chocolate recipe.
Simple, smooth and creamy, reasonably healthy and, most importantly, deeeelicious; we're excited to share our raw white chocolate and spirulina hearts with you guys, and hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Ingredients (Makes about 10 chocolates):
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked for a minimum of 4 hours
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 20g coconut oil, melted
- ½ tbs lemon juice
- 60g cacao butter
- ½ tsp Organic Burst Spirulina
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Grate cacao butter and add to a heatproof bowl. Melt over a hot water bath, using a thermometer to ensure the temperature does not exceed 45 degrees celsius.
- Meanwhile, combine your first 5 ingredients in a high-speed food processor, pulsing until combined. Add melted cacao butter, and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour half of your mixture into chosen moulds, filling only half way.
- Add the Organic Burst Spirulina and coconut oil to the remaining mixture, and blend until completely smooth. Use remaining mixture to fill your already half-filled moulds. Set in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once firm, store in the fridge, and enjoy when your next sweet-treat craving hits!
“Raw White Chocolate Spirulina Hearts - these healthy chocolates reduce sugar cravings! @OrganicBurst”
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
Have you tried this recipe for yourself? Tell us about your own creations, or even share images with your fellow Bursters below.