- Save time and money on spa treatments
- Minimise your exposure to chemicals
- Learn how to make your own natural teeth whitener
- Create this easy nail brightener in no time and more DIY nuggets!
Easy hair treatment mask:
If your hair is feeling crispy, dry and damaged, it’s time to nourish with natural ingredients. Hair treatment oil is far from a new concept, but why don’t we use it more often?
Lots of girls think they have greasy hair that they need to wash every day, but what if your actual shampoo and conditioner that are making it greasy? Most shampoos are high in sulphates (that make the rich lather), but this strips the hair and leads you to use more conditioner.
It’s a vicious circle of removing and reapplying oil to the hair, so we recommend switching to organic products that don’t strip the hair and give your locks a treat with this coconut and maple syrup mask once a week. Far from making your hair greasy, once you have washed it out, this amazing mask will balance out the natural oils of your hair.
- 1tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1tsp organic maple syrup
- A shower cap (optional)
- A small towel
- Spoon out the coconut oil and maple syrup and simply warm it in your hands to melt and mix (you could do this in a pan over a gentle heat if you prefer).
- On dry, combed hair, start with the mid lengths and distribute the mixture through to the ends using your fingers – don’t worry about the roots, unless you have a very dry scalp, which this will benefit.
- Twist your hair up and secure with a band or pin and pop on the shower cap (you’re looking great!) and/or the towel.
- Leave on for as long as possible, 30mins is good, but overnight is best – I normally don’t use the cap and simply place the towel on my pillow so I don’t stain the sheets.
- Wash out thoroughly with organic shampoo, you’ll only need a small amount of conditioner.
>> Read on to learn a crazy way to whiten your teeth and the proper way to ‘dry body brush’
Natural teeth whitening:
Clean stains and toxins from your teeth by brushing with charcoal every few days. This sounds crazy but activated charcoal is, in fact, very effective and is even used in hospitals to remove toxins when someone has been poisoned. You should notice a distinct difference to your teeth within a few weeks.
- Activated charcoal from a wood or coconut source (not petroleum based). Capsules are handy and you can simply open them up and tip out the contents.
- A clean toothbrush (not your usual brush).
- Wet your tooth brush and dip into charcoal powder or tip the contents of 1 capsule directly onto the brush.
- Brush your teeth with the charcoal for 1min (don’t panic that your mouth looks completely black).
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Brush with your usual toothbrush and paste to ensure you get rid of all the charcoal.
Dry Body Brushing:
Get the circulation going, energise, detox and help cellulite with this easy daily habit before your morning shower. Read our full article here for the amazing benefits of dry body brushing.
"Get the circulation going, energise, detox and help cellulite with this trick before your shower."
- A natural bristle brush.
- Brush your dry body before you shower, preferably in the morning.
- Start at the soles of your feet and brush upward toward your heart.
- Use long, even strokes, repeating over the same area up to 10 times.
- When you reach your arms, begin with your fingers and brush up your arms, toward your heart.
- Brush your shoulders and chest down, again, toward your heart.
- Work on your stomach in a circular motion going upwards from your right hip (which helps to stimulate your bowel).
- Avoid any broken skin or where you have a rash.
>> Get our nail brightening recipe below...
Strong, natural nails with white tips are an outward sign of your inner health, but when you’ve used nail varnish too often, the brownish stain can mean you don’t ever want to reveal your real nails!
Lemon juice and apple cider vinegar have an amazing natural ability to remove browning and other stains from your nails – which can happen thanks to handling foods like beetroot and turmeric (this is definitely one for the superfoodies amongst you) or nail infections.
“Create this easy nail brightener with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to remove stains.”
- Small bowls - one for each hand, plus your feet if you’d like to treat your toenails too.
- Apple cider vinegar
- The juice of 1-2 lemons
- Lukewarm water
- Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar, ½ cup lemon juice and ½ cup of tepid water (you can increase the amounts if you’re also soaking your toes).
- Pour into 2 or 4 small bowls and soak your nails in the solution for 20mins.
- Do this once or twice a day until you see the results.
- The mixture will encourage the healthy growth of your nails too!
If you’re thinking ‘What about treating my face to some natural ingredients?’ read about our homemade superfood facemasks here.
Do it the natural way, try our natural treatments today to look and feel amazing!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter