Jade and Kath, over to you:
We are absolutely delighted to share this recipe with you, because it is a wholesome replacement to what must be a very common childhood favourite- the jam filled cookie. For us, nothing beats a raw cookie, and this recipe tops our charts. The tart raspberry jam, the rich, decadent raw chocolate and the 'buttery' base (achieved with coconut butter) all complement each other perfectly, and a batch of these bad boys only lasts minutes in our household!
Besides tasting spectacular, these cookies double up as a protein rich power snack (thanks to the nuts), high in minerals, good fats and a host of other nutrients, making them the perfect cookie because you don’t have to stop at one (or four. Ahem).
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp Organic Burst Maca powder
- 1/2 cup frozen berries of choice (we used raspberries)
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (if using vanilla powder add 1 tsp water)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
For the biscuit
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Soften the coconut butter (to do this simply put the jar of coconut butter in hot water), once the butter is soft enough add the 3 tbsp to the food processor, as well as your remaining ingredients and pulse until well combined.
- Squeeze/cut out your biscuits into your desired shape & set in the freezer.
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy based pot and cook on low heat for around 5 minutes, or until thickened (stir through out, to avoid burning).
- Turn off the heat and leave the jam to set and thicken, making the raw chocolate in the meantime.
- Melt your coconut oil over a low heat and combine with your cacao and rice malt syrup, whisking in a bowl to combine evenly.
- Dip half (3) of your biscuits in your raw chocolate, covering them completely.
- Set aside in the freezer to firm.
- Spoon your chia jam onto your chocolate-coated biscuits and stick your plain biscuit on top, squeezing together.
- Allow your biscuit to completely soften before eating.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter