Jessica, over to you:
This cheesecake isn’t that sweet, perfect for someone like me who doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth but you are welcome to add more sweetener of your choice, to your personal preference.
This was the first time I have ever used lactose-free cream cheese, and it was exactly the same as regular. If you are a vegan then I am afraid this recipe isn’t for you. This is a REAL cheesecake, not made with cashews. Saying that, the cake is gluten, lactose- and refined sugar-free as the base is made from almonds, dates and coconut oil. A guilty indulgence made better, plus it looks really pretty!
Ingredients (Gluten, lactose and refined sugar free):
- 200g almonds
- 12 x medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 600g organic cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Baobab
- 100g creamed coconut
- 3 x limes – juice and zest
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 125g of coconut yoghurt (you can replace with other, but make sure its thick, full-fat Greek or Turkish style yoghurt)
- 1 x lime, zested
- 1 cup of fresh berries of your choice
- Grind almonds in a food processor for about a minute, then add the pitted medjool dates, salt and coconut oil and run the processor until it all comes together and easily scooped out of the bottom.
- Press the mixture evenly in the bottom of an 8-inch non-stick loose-side spring form tin. Store in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- In a bowl, stir the cream cheese with the coconut yoghurt, juice and zest of 3 limes, rice malt syrup and creamed coconut.
- Check the mixture for taste, adjusting to your liking and then pour it on top of the crust and even out with a spatula.
- Set in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the loose-side spring from the tin and carefully release the cheesecake and then top with berries, mint and more lime zest. Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter