They’re wheat-free and use just a few dates for natural sweetness. The talented, plant-based blogger Sasha came up with these beauties and added Organic Burst Maca for flavour and a burst of energy.
Sasha, over to you:
The perfect blondie is ooey-gooey on the inside with a thin crisp crust around it. Studded with intense dark chocolate, laced with pumpkin and malty Organic Burst Maca, this blondie delivers, and makes you feel good after eating it!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Burst Maca powder
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I steam pumpkin then blend and measure)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder/extract 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water left to thicken for 15 min or more)
- 5 large medjool dates
- 5 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or chop up a dark chocolate bar!!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and grease and line a 9' x 5' bread pan with parchment.
- Sift the flours + maca + baking powder + salt in a bowl.
- Process the pumpkin puree, vanilla, thick flax egg, medjool dates, oil into a smooth and even paste/liquid.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in wet mixture and mix evenly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and even out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes until nice and golden.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving (it firms up as it cools so don't remove it as soon as it is out of the oven!)
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter