Did you know you could make an avocado even more nutritious? The naturally stylish and stunning TV presenter Mari Jasmine came up with this fantastic snack by adding a sprinkling of our protein-rich spirulina granules. So simple and delicious!
We recommend you choose a gluten free bread to toast, so you get all the amazing benefits of Mari's 'smash' without irritating your gut lining and causing any knock-on effects.
Mari, over to you:
- 1 avocado
- 2 pieces of bread (gluten free, such as buckwheat is great), toasted
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Spirulina granules
- squeeze of lemon juice
- olive oil
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- small handful of pinenuts, roasted in a dry frying pan for a minute or two
- a little balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Cut the avocado and scoop out the flesh into a bowl
- Add the spirulina, olive oil, lemon, salt and mash together with a fork
- Spread the avocado smash onto your toast
- Top with the cherry tomatoes and pinenuts, and a splash of balsamic