Lottie, over to you:
Who doesn't like store-bought chocolate muesli? You know, crunchy breakfast cereal with big chocolate bits - yum! But this means it’s probably filled with lots of refined sugar. So I created some just as crunchy, just as delicious, but 100% healthy cacao and maca granola just for you chocolate lovers! The maca adds a nutty taste to it and gives you a perfect kick start for the day!
- 1 1/2 cups raw buckinis (activated buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup quinoa pops
- 1/2 cup almonds and pecans
- 5 soft dates, pitted (or try dried apricots or tart cherries for less fructose)
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Maca
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Chop the almonds and pecans and put them in a bowl along with the buckinis, quinoa pops and cacao nibs.
- In another bowl blend the dates, water, hot coconut oil and the cacao and maca powders until smooth.
- Mix the grains and nuts together with the date paste until you have a chunky 'dough'.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Stir every five minutes to prevent the granola from burning!
- Place the granola in an airtight container when it's cooled down and enjoy on top of your smoothies, oatmeal, muesli or even your ice cream!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter