Lottie, over to you:
Who doesn't like store-bought chocolate muesli? You know, crunchy breakfast cereal with big chocolate bits - yum! But this means it’s probably filled with lots of refined sugar. So I created some just as crunchy, just as delicious, but 100% healthy cacao and maca granola just for you chocolate lovers! The maca adds a nutty taste to it and gives you a perfect kick start for the day!
- 1 1/2 cups raw buckinis (activated buckwheat)
- 1/2 cup quinoa pops
- 1/2 cup almonds and pecans
- 5 soft dates, pitted (or try dried apricots or tart cherries for less fructose)
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Maca
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp water
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
- Chop the almonds and pecans and put them in a bowl along with the buckinis, quinoa pops and cacao nibs.
- In another bowl blend the dates, water, hot coconut oil and the cacao and maca powders until smooth.
- Mix the grains and nuts together with the date paste until you have a chunky 'dough'.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Stir every five minutes to prevent the granola from burning!
- Place the granola in an airtight container when it's cooled down and enjoy on top of your smoothies, oatmeal, muesli or even your ice cream!