Maca and raw cacao are two superfoods that go together like knives and forks! Organic Burst Maca contains minerals including potassium and cacao contains magnesium - two nutrients that get used up when you exercise. No reason not to treat yourself to this match made in heaven!
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
2 eggs (organic, free-range, pastured)
¼ cup organic virgin coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup apple butter (you can use mulberries or dates instead of apple butter)
2 tbsp brown rice syrup (rice malt syrup)
pinch of pink salt (or sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 190C / 375F.
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, raw cacao, Organic Burst Maca, baking soda, baking powder, pink salt and coconut sugar. Mix the ingredients together with a spatula and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and the melted coconut oil. Whisk these ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and add the apple butter to the mix. Mix everything well together.
- With a brush or paper towel, dip it into coconut oil and wipe the muffin tin with it. It will help the mixture not stick to the muffin tin cups. You can also use muffin cups (unbleached chlorine-free TCF).
- Fill each muffin cup half way to the top with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter