This recipe is by inspirational blogger Elena, from Canada, who changed her life through food, a natural lifestyle, and her powerful shift in outlook. Elena's autoimmune disorder led her to therapeutically incorporate superfoods at every meal. And this recipe is a beautifully creative example of how she uses nutrient powerhouses to support her body. Try this breakfast bowl filled with the colours of the rainbow!
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (groats or rolled)
- 2 cups filtered water (for your oats)
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 passion fruit
- 4-5 figs
- 10 pitted cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Chia seeds
- 1 mango
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp spiced lemon curd (recipe here)
- 1 tbsp Organic Burst Maca
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Make sure to leave some fruit, seeds and nuts aside to top off your bowl.
- Add oats, water and coconut oil in a bowl and soak them overnight on the kitchen counter.
- In the morning, drain water and add oats to a breakfast bowl.
- Remove pits from cherries.
- In a blender add pitted cherries, figs, blueberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, passion fruit, vanilla powder, milk, mango, Organic Burst Maca, cardamon pod, spiced lemon curd, lemon juice and blend well together.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and top up with figs, blueberries, passion fruit, hemp seeds and pistachios.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter