The recipe was created by Amanda of the fab Raw Manda blog, who is a self-taught raw foodist and a true inspiration to us!
Amanda, over to you:
This is the perfect treat to make for peanut butter lovers! These soft, chewy peanut butter gluten-free cookies are so fluffy and moist in the center, it's hard to believe they only require 5 main ingredients. The best part? You can easily substitute any nut butter you like - almond butter is next on my list...
I had been dying to get my hands on some Organic Burst Maca Powder and when I finally did it was game over for all my other superfoods. Maca is king! This energizing superfood is a match made in heaven with the peanut butter in this cookie recipe. If these don't hit the spot, I'm not sure if anything will!
Ingredients (makes 20):
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour (make this by blitzing desiccated coconut in the processor until extra fine)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (raw, unsalted, unsweetened)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice (OB Tip: we love rice malt syrup)
- 1 tablespoon Organic Burst Maca Powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean - optional
- pinch sea salt - optional
- Sift the coconut flour into a mixing bowl, then add almond flour and remove any clumps.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir together until evenly combined.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until the dough thickens a bit then transfer to refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough, roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Place cookies onto a parchment paper lined tray.
- Score the tops of each cookie by using a fork to press down on the cookie balls, further flattening them about ½ inch thick then sprinkle sea salt over the tops of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a teflex tray and place in the dehydrator for 12-16 hours. Dehydrate for longer if you want to store them for a longer shelf life. (If you do not own a dehydrator, bake in the oven on lowest heat for several hours in the oven until outside is dry and the center is still soft.)
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter