McKel, over to you:
A healthy twist on a classic calorie-laden dish, containing fiber, protein, and a burst of flavor from the fresh herbs, tomatoes, and onions. Organic Burst Maca is the secret ingredient giving this southwest dip a smoky/earthy flavor that’s subtle enough for everyone to enjoy while boosting the mineral and nutrient content.
- 2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Maca
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- dash of cinnamon black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- If using canned beans, rinse thoroughly.
- Combine all the beans, tomatoes, garlic, and spices in a food processor.
- Pulse until combined. In a large mixing bowl, pour the pureed beans into the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir with a spoon until mixed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Store in the fridge for leftovers.