McKel from Nutrition Stripped has created a delicious, spicy bean dip. It tastes so much fresher and has none of the additives of pre-prepared supermarket dips. Plus, the addition of Organic Burst Maca powder means you're giving your body some strength and support because maca root is used for stamina and endurance, it also gives you a natural caffeine-free buzz, ideal if you're having a break from coffee. Go on, get dipping and reap the benefits!
McKel, over to you:
A healthy twist on a classic calorie-laden dish, containing fiber, protein, and a burst of flavor from the fresh herbs, tomatoes, and onions. Organic Burst Maca is the secret ingredient giving this southwest dip a smoky/earthy flavor that’s subtle enough for everyone to enjoy while boosting the mineral and nutrient content.
- 2 cups black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons Organic Burst Maca
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- dash of cinnamon black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- If using canned beans, rinse thoroughly.
- Combine all the beans, tomatoes, garlic, and spices in a food processor.
- Pulse until combined. In a large mixing bowl, pour the pureed beans into the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir with a spoon until mixed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
- Store in the fridge for leftovers.