Taline, over to you:
With only 4 main ingredients, these maca peanut butter fudge squares have a number of health benefits: Organic Burst Maca powder contains a wide range of nutrients including iron, zinc, calcium and phosphorous. Maca is great for energy and particularly helpful in balancing hormones. Cacao butter is the cold-pressed oil of the cacao bean. It contains healthy doses of fats, antioxidants and nutrients that help support your mind and body. Rice malt syrup is my sweetener of choice as it is fructose free and low GI. This means that it will not cause a sudden sugar spike after consumption. This versatile syrup is made from fermented brown rice and contains vitamins and minerals such as potassium, iron and magnesium. Organic raw peanut butter contains heart-healthy fats and a combination of fiber and protein that helps fill you up and keeps you feeling full longer, so you eat less overall. My experience is high quality indulgence (in moderation) helps you to fight cravings. A little goes a long way!
Ingredients (Makes 14):
1 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Macadamia or Almond Butter
1-2 tsp Organic Burst Maca powder (1 tsp if new to maca, working up to 2 tsp)
3/4 cup Cacao Butter (in liquid form)
1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
For The Chocolate Drizzle:
1/2 cup Cold Pressed Coconut Oil (melted so it's liquid)
3/4 cup Cacao Powder
1/3 cup Rice Malt Syrup
- Place all ingredients except those for the chocolate drizzle in the food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Make chocolate by whisking coconut oil, cacao and rice malt syrup in a medium sized bowl.
- Remove fudge from freezer and cut in squares.
- Drizzle with chocolate.
- Best kept in the fridge in an airtight container.