Jessica, over to you:
Banana bread is my absolute weakness - it's so moist and tasty! I just had to create my own recipe so I could curb my craving in a healthy way. The most amazing thing about banana bread is it uses super ripe ‘what-do-i-do-with-these?!’ bananas - normally I freeze them for smoothies or nana ice cream but sometimes the house wife comes out of me and I really just feel like baking! This baobab banana bread is gluten free, clean and probably the most delicious thing I have ever made. The addition of organic burst baobab powder gives a Vitamin C and iron boost. Did you know Baobab contains more Vitamin C than oranges and more iron than red meat? Impressive, I know. I hope you all will try this recipe when you have some over-ripe bananas in the corner of your kitchen!
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
2 tsp Organic Burst Baobab Powder
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 medium organic eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup fresh dark choc chips (optional)
1/4 cup full-fat Greek yoghurt (coconut if vegan)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup of raw honey (or rice malt-syrup for a fructose-free option)
1 tbsp coconut sugar (or 1 tsp stevia for a fructose-free option)
- Preheat oven to 180*C
- Combine the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a different bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry very slowly and lightly fold together until all flour pockets are gone, only around 10-20 seconds - do not over mix it because this will make the bread too dry and dense!
- Line a loaf tin with parchment or baste with coconut oil so it doesn't stick to the sides.
- Pour in the mixture gently and then sprinkle the top of the batter with more choc chips, cinnamon and little coconut sugar for a caramelized effect.
- Pop in the oven for 40 mins.
- When baked, turn out onto a rack and allow to cool before slicing and serving with some orange zest.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter