Ivana at Be Smart Eat Smart is a health food chef from Germany, already well known in the realms of health and fitness social media with a large and fast growing following - best known for her beautiful and delicious healthy alternatives to those naughty foods such as pizza, burgers, cookies, cakes, and more, making it so easy to switch! As big fan of Organic Burst superfoods, Ivana is going to surprise us with a special savory superfood creation.
This recipe is ideal to incorporate more healthy food options into your daily diet without sacrificing any taste. Cauliflower Rice is a quick, easy and healthy alternative to rice which is low in carbohydrates. Pumpkin is very low in calories and fat with only about 26 calories per 100 grams. The maca powder adds a strong, nutty and powerful taste to the creamy sauce. It is best in juices, smoothies, or shakes but you can also try cooking and baking the powder into your other favourite dishes. Another great way to include superfoods into your everyday meals is by adding wheatgrass or spirulina to your salad dressings.
Cauliflower Rice With Creamy Pumpkin Maca Sauce
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/2 Pumpkin (cooked)
- 1 Carrot
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Maca Powder
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari (gluten free)
- Cayenne Pepper
Directions: Cauliflower Rice
1. Add cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it looks like rice. If you don’t own a food processor you can use a grater instead.
2. Heat up the cauliflower rice for 4 minutes in the microwave and it is ready to serve.
Directions: Pumpkin Maca Sauce
1. In a pan, fry the pepper, carrot and onions in coconut oil until softened.
2. Blend the pumpkin, maca powder, soy sauce, basil, ginger and cayenne pepper. Add water until you get a creamy texture.
3. Pour the sauce into the pan, mix with fried vegetables and allow to simmer until thickened.
4. Serve over cauliflower rice.
Lemon Wheatgrass Dressing
- 1 tsp Organic Burst Wheatgrass Powder
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Flaxseed Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
1. Simply combine all ingredients and mix well by using a whisk or a fork until the mustard resolves in the dressing.
2. Ready to serve and enjoy!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly Mighty Monday newsletter for latest expert articles & tips, wellbeing podcasts & q&as, giveaways, exclusive sales, free ebooks and surprises!
DON'T MISS OUT!
Subscribe to our weekly 'Mighty Monday' Newsletter