Did you know that you can add your Bursts to savory dishes as well as to sweet? We love adding wheatgrass to soups, dips and salads! This delicious soup is amazing for immune support thanks to the addition of garlic and alkalizing Organic Burst Wheatgrass. Enjoy!
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- ½ large head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Burst Wheatgrass
- 1 handful of sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut of the very top of each head of garlic so that the tip of each clove is visible and exposed.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then gently squeeze each clove out from the head into a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining oil and 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or avocado oil), add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the parsnips and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the stock, roasted garlic, salt and pepper, and sage leaves bring to boil and then cover and cook for 35 minutes over a low heat.
- Then add the soup to a blender, add Organic Burst Wheatgrass and puree in batches until smooth and creamy.
- Serve straight away or store in jars in the fridge for later.