Headaches can pop up out of nowhere, but also after alcohol, when your period is due, from stressful meetings or even changes in the weather! If you’re a sufferer, Ginger is a time-honoured hack that is backed up by science.
A 2013 double-blinded randomized clinical trial showed just how good Ginger is against headaches:
- Researchers gave 50 sufferers a common migraine medication and the other 50 participants received 250mg (=less than 1 of our capsules) ginger powder daily.
- Ginger was found to be just as effective as the drug, but crucially did not display the same adverse side effects.
- Both the medication and the Ginger powder resulted in significantly decreasing severity of headaches within 2 hours of taking. (Phytotherapy Research)
Remember, not all Ginger is created equal:
- It is sadly a common practice to bulk out Ginger powder with cheap flour that is not stated on the label – this even happens with organic products. Our Ginger is always 100% pure and unadulterated, also free from any fillers or anti-caking agents.
- Organic Burst's pure, authentic Ginger is grown organically by small-scale family farmers in Sri Lanka where the perfect combination of heat, sunlight, rainfall and humidity grows the best Ginger!
How to & other helpers:
- Have 1 serving (4 capsules) Organic Burst Ginger on the onset of a headache. If needed, take an extra dose – unlike medications, Ginger is a food, so it’s not harmful when you increase your intake (but do listen to your body, slow down if you feel you’ve had enough).
- You can take Ginger daily to help with headaches and numerous other benefits including for indigestion, weight loss and menstrual cramps.
- Fresh sliced Ginger or Ginger tea is a delicious addition to your headache arsenal, however it may not be as effective as the more concentrated, pure powder.
- Boost the effects by using Organic Burst Turmeric that has also been found to knock headaches on the head!!